Unit 1: Redefining World Society and Culture
Lesson D: Life and Times in the Pre-Modern World
Activity 10: Art and Architecture
Throughout this lesson you have had the opportunity to analyze images to draw conclusions about different civilizations in history. In the next activity, you will view a presentation about some of the artwork of different civilizations. As you view the presentation be sure to consider the following questions:
- What event does the image portray?
- Who created the image and why?
- What does the image suggest the creator and the civilization valued? What makes you say this?
- Who is in the image, and who is not?
- What conclusions can you draw about the way people lived based upon the image?
Remember, you probably will not be able to answer all of the questions, but these questions help form our thinking about images in our study of history.