Unit 3: Revolutions and Reaction
Lesson B: Out with the Old World and in with the New
Activity 5: The Revolution Begins
Presentation Activity - A Revolution in France
Before you view the presentation:
In your notebook, write down the following questions:
- List the steps the Third Estate took to gain political power.
- If you were a member of the Third Estate and had to form a new government, would you want to give some power to the king?
- Would you eliminate the monarchy altogether?
View the presentation:
When you are ready, select the play button to learn about A Revolution in France. As you view the presentation, answer the notebook questions.
After you view the presentation: participate in the classroom activity listed below.
Classroom Activity - The Third Estate
Directions: Follow your teacher's directions to manually or electronically participate in the following poll.
What should the Third Estate do next?
- An all out war with the King; King receives no power in the new government.
- Try to form a new government that gives the King limited power.
- Return full power to the King, but eliminate the Old Regime class system.