Unit 1: Redefining World Society and Culture
Lesson E: Travel and Trade in the Pre-Modern Era
You have successfully completed the lesson By Land and By Sea – Travel and Trade of the Pre-Modern Era. By completing this lesson, you should know the answers to the following key questions:
- Why do people move from one place to another?
- How did cities emerge and grow?
- Why did some groups of people conquer and invade other people?
- How did trade routes develop and alter the world?
- How did the movement of people affect cultures throughout the world?
You are now ready to continue to the next lesson.