Unit 4: Nationalism, Industrialism, and Imperialism
Lesson C: European Division of the African Continent
You have successfully completed the lesson European Division of the African Continent. By completing this lesson, you should know the answers to the following key questions:
- How and why did Europeans become involved in Africa?
- How did Europeans treat the native African populations?
- How did European imperialism lead to conflict in Africa?
- How did the geo-political aspects of Africa change as a result of imperialism?
- How and why did imperialism transform political, economic, and social systems?
You are now ready to continue to the next lesson.