Unit 5: Crisis and Change
Lesson B: Global Effects of a Total War
You have successfully completed the lesson Global Effects of a Total War. By completing this lesson, you should know the answers to the following key questions:
- Why did World War I become a global war?
- How did technology change the nature of war in World War I?
- What was the human cost of World War I?
- What were the immediate social, political, and economic effects of "The Great War"?
- What were the goals of the Treaty of Versailles, and why did it fail?
- How did the Treaty of Versailles lead to nationalist struggles in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East?
You are now ready to continue to the next lesson.